Martijn Faassen wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Martijn Faassen wrote:

I don't understand what this means. A different directory on the python path?

I would recommend leaving old Zope2 stuff in lib/python and putting all Z3-related stuff in a parallel directory called 'src'. That way you can run a whole Zope3 checkout in parallel to Zope2. Telling Zope2 about the extra python-path shouldn't be a problem through ZConfig (there's a directive).

Yes, I'm doing something much like that and it works fine on Linux. I'm just wondering how this de-confuses Python's import system on a case-insensitive file system.

I don't have Windows, but from what I'm reading out of Tres's and Fred's posts, Python won't have a problem if Windows doesn't have a problem (which is the case when they're in two different directories).

Philipp