Raphael Ritz wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:

I heard that there was some discussion about the relationship between Martijn Faassen's "Five" project and future versions of Zope.

I'd like to say, for the record, that I think Five is an important
project. It is one of a number of projects to work out how to use
features of Zope 3 in Zope 2.  Most of the projects, such as the one
here at Zope corp are not as public as Five.  I can say, on our part,
that this is not from a desire for secrecy, but from a lack of bandwidth
to share what we have done.  I applaud Martijn's effort to make this a
broad and open effort.  I view Five as an important step toward
Zope 2.9 and encourage people to get involved with it. I certainly intend
to be invlved as much as time allows.

Thanks for this clairification, Jim. Alan, does that address your concerns? Any reasons left, not to adopt the five approach to Zope 3?

Just understand that the Five approach is still being developed, so there's nothing to "adopt" yet. :) But I certainly encourage folks to participate and help Martijn figure out what the approach should be.