Ken Manheimer wrote:

I noticed this when it went initially went by, but didn't have time to follow up. The upshot is that there is absolutely no way *under the current arrangement* that this is going to happen. I can see a way to swing it, requiring earnest volunteer effort. Here are the details.

Being the administrator of many of the zope lists (probably over ten and below twenty), i am already dismayed by the challenge of the typically thirty to one hundred held spam messages, bounces, and other effluvia i have to handle *per day*. I do not know how many of the legitimate list messages would additionally be held and require more attention (with the current mailman implementation, it takes a lot more fuss to approve a held message than to discard it), but the load is already untenable, so one more is too many.

I believe the proposal wasn't to *hold* non-member emails, but to bounce them or discard them, so your workload should actually be reduced.

--
- Michael R. Bernstein | Author of Zope Bible
michaelbernstein.com | & Zope.org Webmaster