Tres Seaver wrote:

Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 11:59, Casey Duncan wrote:

-1 on changing the list policy. I read and post to all of the public
lists through Gmane, which won't work if the policy is changed.

I might be wrong but I think this is incorrect. From the headers of this message you sent it's possible to see that you sent it thru gmane, yet the "From:" address is your zope.com address, so you should not have a problem posting thru the list this way.

I think you got a direct reply (but could be wrong). I got the original mail bounced to me just now.

Tres.
This surprises me.

I am administring plone-i18n mailing list. Non members cannot post. I always post through gmane and my messages get accepted !

Further, I think Mohsen has a very good point when he mentions the fact that spam pollutes the archives !

IOW, I think we really could make advantage of "Non-members not allowed" on zope lists.

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha)                http://bubblenet.be