On Thursday, July 8, 2004, at 01:07 PM, Thilo Staebler wrote:

hi!
I have to stream large mpeg-files over http with range support. this works quite nice until the client seeks in the (media)player and the files aren't tooooo large, because zope caches the whole file...
...so each seek means streaming the whole file from the requested position till end *g*
-> my RESPONSE object doesn't even know, that the player has seeked e.g. back to the beginning...
is there a way to bypass the zope caching? and how do I know if the player has disconnected, so I can stop streaming?

you mean cacheing in memory? Anything based on "File" does not do that.

thanks in advance
thilo