On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 16:22:17 +0200
Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[..]
> The "hasattr" replacement in Python's "__builtin__" could look like:
>
>     _marker = []
>     def hasattr(obj, attr):
>       return getattr(obj, attr, _marker) is not _marker
>

> Opinions?

+1

Another advantage to a global patch is that 3rd party products (such as
CMF) would benefit automatically. I noticed yesterday some hasattr calls
in DCWorkflow that could cause inaccurate results if the hasattr
returned false due to a ConflictError.

It might be worth profiling this and an alternate implementation in C to
see if the latter is worthwhile. I can't imagine the C implementation
would be all that complex. That would dispense with any performance
disadvantage of the patch.

-Casey