In the 2.6 series I submitted a patch to support specifying the range of tcp ports to
use on
the server for pasv ftp transfers.

I still need this functionality, but I see that the "environment variable hack" isn't

I thought perhaps something in zope.conf would specify this, but it seems not to be

In fact, I see no clean way to pass port range information from ZServer.FTPServer to
medusa.ftp_server  (hence why we used an environment variable hack in the past)

For my use case, the pasv port range is always "near" the range used by the listening
daemon anyway, so a simple solution for me is to look at the control connection port
and just
find an open port that is "nearby".

However the better solution, I suppose, is to allow the port range to be specified in

But what's the best way (architecturally) to cleanly get this information into
medusa's module?

Brad Clements,                [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (315)268-1000                          (315)268-9812 Fax                   AOL-IM: BKClements