[Oskar Wilhelmsen]
> I can't print tracebacks. I'm unfortunatly on a windows system, an whats
> happen is tha Python jus quits, with no fault description.
> A type(data)  gives me DbiRaw, which is the type of data in the DB

OK, can you break the line into two lines, as suggested before?  Since
you're getting no traceback info of any kind, it's impossible from
what you've said so far to guess whether the problem is in StringIO or
in DbiRaw's __str__ implementation.  And since nobody else has said
"ya, I see that too!", you're the only one who *can* supply additional
info <wink>.