Jim Fulton wrote at 2004-7-15 10:00 -0400:
>Given this, I'd like to formally announce the intention to deprecate
>versions in both Zope and ZODB.  We will formally deprecate versions when
>we have a way to maintain long-running transactions in Zope.  I have a good
>idea how they would work and I'd be happy to advise volunteers on how to
>proceed. Any volunteers? Any objections?

Versions are nothing else than long running transactions (which the
additional but not essential feature to be able to join such a transaction).

Locking might be necessary for long running transactions as
the longer the transaction the higher becomes the risk of
conflicts and the more costly a redo of the transaction.

When we get long running transactions I will be happy to
let Versions alone.

--
Dieter