Thanks for your answer,

Dieter Maurer wrote:

And If I can express yet an other wish:
I would very much like to have a way to see what the settings for a particular User is. And where the settings for a given permissions have come from.

You might be interested in GRUFs "Audit".
When I tried it in my installation, it entered an infinite loop -- apparently
some bug. But conceptually, it may come near to what you want.

I do have such a tool myself. It is only that I think it should be provided by the core. Using my own tool I am allways afraid that I did not understand an obscure aspect of the security machinery correctly.