On 25 Jul 2004 at 23:22, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> >If a connection is dropped due to inactivity it  should not affect any
> >transactions going to occur in the future as a reconnect is issued before
> >submitted new transactions.
> However, connections can be lost for other reasons than inactivity...

I think this is why the thread has gone on so long. I'm ONLY talking about idle
timeout drops,
and nothing else.

gvibDA and sapdbi make a distinction between idle timeout disconnects and others,
they know when the server has dropped them due to inactivity.

Brad Clements,                [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements