En/na Leonardo Rochael Almeida ha escrit:

Forgot to Cc: zope-dev

-----Mensagem encaminhada-----
From: Leonardo Rochael Almeida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Santi Camps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Referencial Integrity in ZCatalogs
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 17:05:53 -0300

I would suggest you take a look at mxmRelations, however Zope.org
workflow is keeping it out of reach, and I couldn't find it on MaxM's
own site.

The URL for it would be:

Yes, I've seen this solution. It's another way to make things. But I'm not sure that it can implement a foreign key "on delete restricted", for instance.

I see there are a lot of ways to solve this problem, so I will implement my proposal as a separate Product. I will try to implement a IntegrityZCatalog, adding primary and foreign key capabilities.

It will be easier to use for me, and also for all new zope coders comming from relational databases. If we can say "Catalogs are our Tables. Use them as you have been using Tables until now and you will be right", I think we can make they learning much short.

Santi Camps