We've been having frequent cases of the berkeley databases used by our subversion repository becoming damaged and needeing recovery. Fortunately, it's easy to receover the database, but until it is recovered, subversion is unavailable. A while ago, I disabled tar downloads from ViewCVS and that made things much better. The database only got messed up every few weeks. :/
Lately, the problem has been getting worse. Some changes were made to ViewCVS to make better use of resources after I reported the problem with tar downloads. I decided to upgade to the latest version of ViewCVS on Thursday. (Unfortunately, the ViewCVS project no longer makes releases. The only way to get a version with subversion support is to use their CVS repository.) Since then, the problem seems to be much worse.
I'm gonna try disabling ViewCVS for a while to see if the problem stops occuring without it. I want to verify that ViewCVS, and not something else, is the cause of the problem.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
P.S. Yes, I'm aware that Subversion 1.1 has a file-system back end, and yes, I'm considering moving to it. I'm reluctant because 1) I have better things to do, 2) I'd rather wait for 1.1.1.
-- Jim Fulton mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Python Powered! CTO (540) 361-1714 http://www.python.org Zope Corporation http://www.zope.com http://www.zope.org
Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists - http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce