Chris Withers wrote:
Just want to let you know that I'm not happy with the way these two collector issues were "resolved":

Hope at least one of them will be re-opened.

Since these are both confused, long standing feature requests, what I'd recommend instead is writing a mail to this list explaining exactly what the problem is that you're having, the changes you would like made, and why you'd likee them made. You could even give it a nice descriptive subject line :-)

I suspect there's a solution that doesn't involve any changes to Zope lurking there since this funcionality, as best I can understand it, seems to be extremely rarely requested.

I'm not complaining about the fact that these issues are still unresolved. They are not "long standing feature requests" and nobody *has to* resolve open issues.

The problem is that these issues were marked as 'resolved' / 'rejected' and all objections were ignored. That does not comply with these rules:

Cheers, Yuppie