On Friday 13 August 2004 01:43 am, Paolo Bizzarri wrote:
> Now, let's  add an object (a File).
> 1) I can see a transaction *NOT* beginning, going on the sql log, with a
> 2) I can see a begin/finish in my log;
> The environment is as follows:
> 1) postgresql 7.3.2
> 2) zope 2.7.1
> 3) psycopg 1.1.15
> Any help would be appreciated.

I've been pondering this for a while.  Just today I learned that I've slightly
misinterpreted ZODB's tpc_* transaction API, and perhaps Ape is using the API
incorrectly.  Specifically, a transaction can potentially call a
participant's abort() method without ever calling tpc_abort().  I'm thinking
about the implications.

One thing I wonder, though, is whether you're simultaneously connecting to
Postgres using a Zope database adapter.  It shouldn't matter, but who knows,
maybe it does.