That's an interesting question. What is the unit test policy if I
change/improve a part of the Zope code that has no unit tests at all.
Would I be expected to create unit tests for the whole thing all of a
sudden?

In another post Tres' likened doing so to "supererogation" (http://www.iep.utm.edu/s/superero.htm) which I think means to imply that doing so will get you points in programmer heaven (well, depending on your programmer dogma I suppose) but isn't strictly required.

I try to create at least *one* unit test for something that isn't tested
at all if I add a feature to it, testing my feature. ;-) At least then
it gives people somewhere else to start.

OK, I "supererogated" and checked in a few unit tests ;)

jens