Alan Milligan wrote:

I know serving large BLOBs is rather frowned up using Z2, but I have a
requirement to use the zope security machinery prior to serving a blob
circa 500Mb.

I thought I'd just wrap it in an ExternalFile and it would simply stream
to the client.  In fact I was even anticipating taking advantage of
chunked transfer encoding for HTTP1.1 clients.

However, I'm getting out of memory exceptions thrown by the server.
This would indicate that no intermediate buffer flushing is occuring at all!

What am I missing?

I've looked at the code of the latest release of ExternalFile and I can't find the new streming interface being used at all?

I'm also intrested in this, but I haven't had the time to as
anyone about it, yet.

PS. I'm cc:ing [EMAIL PROTECTED] because I think this is more of
an user issue.

Johan Carlsson Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
Torsgatan 72 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]