Tres Seaver wrote:

  - Returning the iterator to medusa means that the application
    thread becomes available to service other threads that much more
    quickly.  Even if the malloc issues can't be demonstrated, the
    increase in concurrency *should* be a win here.

I don't think this would affect application threads. The application thread is freed as soon as the ZPT template completed rendering. This will be the same whether we dribbled data out as we go, or not.

The potential benefit is that we could get the page back to the
browser faster and thus reduce the number of open connection
that asyncore has to manage.  This benefit will be difficult
to obtain unless the publisher supports streaming outbut via
chunks. (I doubt that it does, but I don't really know.)
Without output chunking, the server can't start sending
output until the content length is known and it can't know
that until the template has been fully generated.

Jim Fulton mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Python Powered!
CTO (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation