Andreas Jung wrote:
> Are you really sure that the source and destination instance are running
> the *same*
> setup (means same Zope and Plone versions)?
>
> -aj

As sure as one can be when comparing a Plone 2.0.3 all-in-one windows distribution with a custom built zope 2.7.0/zope2.7.2 + plone 2.0.3 (all combinations tried) Unix server environment. (Not really basically)

But surely no-one will advise me that this should matter for the purposes of importing/exporting as long as both are Plone 2.0.3.

Besides, the problem is not consistent between linux servers of same versions (just compiled on different distros) and AFAIK, there's no reason why objects should not be portable in this way because although the exception mentions CMFCore.CMFCatalog* and CMFPlone, the actual catch is way down in ZCTextIndex and ZCatalog which is Zope. Or am I wrong?

nick