Florent Guillaume wrote:
I'd like to revive this discussion about having events in the core.

Sidnei even mentionned getting them in Zope directly,
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/IncludeEventsInCore

I'm all for it, and would really help many people.

It would be awesome if a minimal implementation could be compatible with
Zope 2.7.4, maybe as an addon product. But there needs to be a few hooks
in the core (object create/move/clone/delete).

Could we try to move together on this ?

Five already has had some work done in backporting the Zope 3 event system, so it'd be nice to be able to reuse this. I'd be willing to work together on this. I tried reasonably hard (there are at least some tests :) to get Zope to send the right Zope 3 style events on creation, copy and move.

If we backport the Zope 3 story, we'd need to worry about importing issues. If we backport Zope 3 events, what package will they live in? How will this relate to Five? What other packages does this draw in (zope.interface definitely)? Etc.

Five can make something send Zope 3 events right now by just another ZCML statement, though it drives a monkeypatch underneath..

Regards,

Martijn