Howdi.

I just checked in how I finally got Zope 2.7.x to run as a service on
Windows again. Setting the PYTHONPATH environment actually even makes
more sense here as the CreateProcess API call won't take the sys.path
into the new python, but the environment variables. This now also plays
with the import of sitecustomize.py correctly.

I still wonder why this seems to behave differently in 2.7 as in 2.8.
The 2.8 currently works as a service out of the box. I don't see the
actual difference. Anybody tell me. I'm scared.

Also: I'd like to know if this solution for 2.7 is acceptible or not. It
works for me but I'm everything but a windows guru.

Cheers,
Christian

PS: See
http://cvs.zope.org/Zope/skel/bin/Attic/zopeservice.py.in.diff?r1=1.1.2.8&r2=1.1.2.9&only_with_tag=Zope-2_7-branch

for the change.

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - schalaunische str. 6 - 06366 koethen - germany
www.gocept.com - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - phone +49 3496 30 99 112 -