--On Freitag, 17. Dezember 2004 10:35 Uhr -0500 Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mark Hammond wrote:
I just checked in how I finally got Zope 2.7.x to run as a service on
Windows again.

See also http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1533 - this has a number of
changes to make services much more reliable on Windows.  My patch
includes your change, but along the lines of Tim's objection, mine
compromises with:

+os.environ["PYTHONPATH"] = os.environ.get("PYTHONPATH", "") + ";" +
SOFTWARE_HOME

My patches also have the killer feature of writing any Zope stdout to the
Windows event log in the case of error - critical if you hope to see what
the underlying error was.  The patch also allows for Zope to be
terminated gracefully (rather than unconditionally terminating it as
now), re-instates support for Windows NT, and allows for a complete,
functioning pywin32 build to be used (including win32com etc).

Just-by-way-of-reminder ly,

+1 for landing Mark's patch as a prerequisite to fixing *any* Windows-service related bug in the future.

I suggest we schedule that for 2.7.5. As I understood Christian, the service
machinery is now working again (for 2.7.4). So we could add these
enhancements to 2.7.5.

Andreas