Christian Theune wrote:

Jup. I'm writing a file for a selected entry called "Exception-<error_log_id>" containing a textual representation of the whole error log entry (not just the traceback).

Good to know :-)

In any case, here's another idea: Make the storage of information to the log pluggable. One obvious way that I can see this is to have another python logger (say called error_log, rather than event) set up which gets the detailed info passed to the log entry format string (you'll need to write a custom Formatter to do this, but it's not hard, I have an example if you're interested).

Where and how these entries are logged is then configurable in Zope.conf (well, once this is fixed )

Would that really be needed? I'm pretty happy with the solution as is.

No, I guess it's YAGNI, but I would like to see more types of logs be configurable through zope.conf, and it would be nice to be able to pipe this file by mail in a configurable manner, so just an idea...

Zope-Dev maillist -