Martijn Faassen wrote:

Five has dependencies on zope.app, so to make Five use Zope 2.8 packages would require quite a bit of Zope 3 to be pulled in, or an awful lot of work to prevent it from being pulled in.

I think Zope 3 is at a point where, if there are volunteers, it would be worthwhile to start working on getting things out of zope.app. I have this low-priority "bobo" project, which is about using Zope 3 without using the app server. In the little work I've done on this, it's become clear that lots of things that are in zope.app should move out.

> Presumably only a few packages
will be pulled into Zope 2.8 in practice, which means that Five will have to worry about packages from Zope 2.8 and packages from Zope X3 proper, and possible weird combinations and interactions. Not something I'm looking forward to.

Understood. There are a few packages however, that Zope 2 can benefit independent of five. These packages are pretty stable so I'm reasonably confident that this needed pose too great a hassel. At least I hope not.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Python Powered!
CTO (540) 361-1714 http://www.python.org