Stephan Richter wrote:
Yes, that is true for packages in zope.

So, if I understand you correctly, I can use all packages, except those in zope.app, on their own, without having to rely on anything else, right?

However, zope.app was designed as the application server and has thus many dependencies among the packages in zope.app.

Hmmm, that's a shame, there's a lot of things in http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/app/ that look, by name, like I might want to use them without using other stuff: catalog, cache, authentication, apidoc, etc.

That said, is it just me or do http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/app/ and http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/ look like there's a LOT of stuff in them?

How much of it is "real" and how much of it is cruft?

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk