Roché Compaan wrote:
+        obj = self.aq_parent.unrestrictedTraverse(self.getPath(), None)
+        if obj and securityManager.validate(obj, obj, None, None):
+            return obj
+        else:
+            return None

Urm, Roche, doesn't the above seek to do exactly what...

return self.aq_parent.restrictedTraverse(self.getPath(), None)

The problem is that an error should be raised, Unauthorized in my opinion, rather than None being returned.

None should never be returned in place of a brain, although I'll soften that to say that if it does, it means something weird has happened (used to mean the object the catalog entry mapped to had gone away)

I think:

...should be fine, no?

Zope-Dev maillist -