Andreas Jung wrote:

I understand that Jim won't have time to do these until mid-april. Is
it absolutely impossible to ship a beta which is 'non optimized' or
something? I mean, we got Silva and Plone running on Zope 2.8..

A beta release should be feature-complete means it should contain
everything that will be part of the final release.

Are optimizations a feature? I guess so. :)

A beta should not
development release where things are subject to change in some way.
We can do an alpha 2 of course with everything you want but as long
as there is longer list of outstanding issues I won't consider the current
SVN trunk as beta quality.

Alpha 2 is fine with me, and I think most people of the sprint agreed.

Zope-Dev maillist -