[Mark Hammond]
> * All Zope versions are clearly "broken" (as above) in fundamental (but
> generally the same) ways on Windows, but the status of my patches as
> "features" vs "bugfixes" is unclear - especially given my lack of
> understanding of the culture or the Zope world beyond Plone.

They're clearly bugfixes to me; that shouldn't be a hangup here.
What's missing is a Zope committer who runs on Windows volunteering
time to commit the patches in 2.7-land, and to port them to 2.8- and
3.0-land (those require more than just mechanical merge, because
things like moving to Python's standard logging module require
rewriting code).

Alas, Zope in Windowsland attracts about as much volunteer work apart
from Mark Hammond as, say, Python 1.5.2 in Windowsland did.  Mark
understands what that means.  Everyone else can read it as "except for
building the installer, hard to distinguish from none" <0.7 wink>.