[Tim Peters]
> Suggestion:  I make a new copy of
>
>     Zope3/tags/ZopeX3-3.0.0-Zope-2.8-pr1/src/zope
>
> stitch that into Zope trunk (change the lib/python svn:externals to
> point to the new copy), do all the get_transaction() edits there, and
> repair the IDataManager glitch there too.  This could easily be done
> before lunch today (my time <wink>).

I assume nobody objects, since nobody objected <ahem>.  I see that

    Zope3/branches/ZopeX3-3.0.0-Zope-2.8

already exists, has already made changes to Zope3 code, and that the

    Zope3/tags/ZopeX3-3.0.0-Zope-2.8-pr1

tag Zope trunk is currently using appears to be a tag made off of that
branch.  So I'll continue on that line:  make edits in

    Zope3/branches/ZopeX3-3.0.0-Zope-2.8

and, when they're done, make a new tag from that branch and stitch the
new tag into Zope trunk.

If anyone objects, please do so ASAP.