I really could use a post publishing hook.
Standard use case: delay indexing at the end of the request to only do it once per object even if the object has been modified 4 times.

Today there's the REQUEST._hold() hack with an instance having a __del__, but this gets executed outside the main transaction, and REQUEST is already dying.

I'd like a post-publishing hook that's called in the initial REQUEST and transaction.

Open issues are:
1. what if there's an exception in the hook? I'd say log it but that's all.
2. what if there's a Conflicterror? That's tougher to deal with... The transaction has to be retried, without the user being aware of it, so it means the hook should probably be called *before* things are sent to the browser.

What do you think?

Florent

--
Florent Guillaume, Nuxeo (Paris, France) CTO, Director of R&D
+33 1 40 33 71 59 http://nuxeo.com [EMAIL PROTECTED]