On Apr 15, 2005, at 18:38, Alan Milligan wrote:

I'm astounded that nobody has come across this before, but the
CMFCore.TypesTool.constructContent() function is supposed to return the
object id in the event that no RESPONSE is passed in - at least
according to CMFPlone.PloneFolder.invokeFactory().

Presently, it in fact returns nothing - breaking this implicit contract.

Huh? Since when does a software package that builds on top of a core framework define contracts to be fulfilled by the core framework? Excuse me while I chuckle.

First of all, the issue really belongs on [EMAIL PROTECTED] That's where CMF issues are discussed. Second of all, if you had taken a look at the current CMF-1_5-branch and HEAD in CVS you would have noticed it's already in there. After someone filed a collector issue a while ago and asked for it.

What happens on the unsupported and obsolete CMF-1_4-branch, to which Plone still clings, is at this point up to the hardy souls from the Plone community who have stepped forward to maintain it.

jens