--On Samstag, 7. Mai 2005 10:15 Uhr +0200 yuppie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andreas Jung wrote:
in agreement with Jim Fulton and Brian Lloyd we decided to put the Zope
2.8 release on hold for now.
There are several open issues related to running Zope on Windows
(building, startup problems). Since
we need  to have a stable source code release and a stable windows
release in sync, the next beta 2
will appear as soon as the major issues are fixed. This is maybe a good
point for advanced Windows
programmer to help out *wink*

+1

Are there collector issues for the release blockers? A list of release
blockers might help to find volunteers.

I'd like to nominate http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1776

At least the following are important (besides the problem with the Winbuilder)

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1763

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1728

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1711

Fix what you can :-) I am mostly ignorant on Windows issues and don't have
an environment for doing any tests are whatever...so it is basically up to the
people with windows expertise to work on these issues...I am just trying to crack
the whip :-)

Andreas