--On Samstag, 7. Mai 2005 12:56 Uhr -0400 Tim Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[Andreas Jung]
At least the following are important (besides the problem with the

What WinBuilders problem? I keep hearing there's "a problem" there, but don't know what it is -- and I had no problem using WinBuilders for Zope 2.8.

I know only that Christian had problems (according to his posting some days ago). I can not comment and can not value these issues. But there seems to be something.

Note that these two aren't about Zope 2.8, they're about Zope 2.7.6:

Both appear to be due to that Zope 2.7.6 on Windows shipped with a wrong (too old) version of pywin32, and continued to repackage pywin32 in the old (certifiably insane <0.7 wink>) "flat" way.

Mark Hammond submitted patches to install a correct version of
pywin32, and in a correct way.  Those patches were incorporated into
WinBuilders, so it's hard to understand how Zope 2.7.6 on Windows got
built the way it did.  Can only guess the installer was built using an
out-of-date WinBuilders checkout, with an out-of-date pywin32, applied
to an up-to-date Zope checkout.

Christian should know...as I said...I have no idea about how this windows stuff works and what it does...so I depend on the competence of you windows guys :-)