--On Montag, 9. Mai 2005 14:59 Uhr +0200 Martijn Faassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andreas Jung wrote:
in agreement with Jim Fulton and Brian Lloyd we decided to put the
Zope 2.8 release on hold for now. There are several open issues
related to running Zope on Windows (building, startup problems).
Since we need  to have a stable source code release and a stable
windows release in sync, the next beta 2 will appear as soon as the
major issues are fixed. This is maybe a good point for advanced
Windows programmer to help out *wink*

"will appear as soon as issuse are fixed" sounds to me as a recipe for infinite delays...

Show blockers - either in the source release or the Windows binary release - need to
be resolved before the next release. We won't ship a release which has known major
problems.

-aj