Dieter Maurer wrote at 2005-5-14 20:37 +0200:
>Andreas Jung wrote at 2005-5-14 11:00 +0200:
>>Although I already worked with pypackage my questions:  is it an optional
>>feature or will pypackage take control over all and everything?
>Provided that any access to a package relative resource
>is converted from "dirname(__file__)" to "package_home"
>logic to use or not use "pypackage" could be localized in "package_home"
>and (maybe) "OFS.Application.get_products".

After a new thought, I doubt this is worth the effort.

  When "pypackage" is part of Zope why should Zope not
  depend on it?

  Of course, this should not apply to third party products.
  And indeed, as long as they do not want to run from
  a zip archive or as part of a frozen application, they
  can ignore "pypackage".

  When they use "package_home" (rather than "dirname(__file__)"
  to access package local resources, they are independent
  of any "pypackage" consideration.