--On Montag, 23. Mai 2005 19:22 Uhr +0200 Lennart Regebro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

DateTime.DateTime.strftime(fmt) used to use strftime, which accepts a
unicode string as fmt. In 2.8 it uses datetime.datetime.strftime which
does not accept unicode.

This both breaks backwards compatibility, and  prevents you from using
non-ascii characters in the format string

hm...I am not sure if the time.strftime() implementation had been implemented with unicode format strings in mind. Accepting Unicode strings (maybe without checking them) appears to me more like an unintended accident than intentional behavior. I am pretty sure you can build a workaround easily. In my point of view the reason for the change (support for dates outside the usual 1970..2038 scope)
is more important.

Andreas