--On Montag, 23. Mai 2005 20:22 Uhr +0200 Lennart Regebro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The translation tools will typically return unicode, and bam! it stops
working. So, if we can't properly support unicode, I'd actually prefer
that we cast the format string to string, perhaps with a deprecated
warning if we pass unicode?

A deprecation warning could do the job. To be honest I would have never thought about such a usecase :-) However we could convert unicode to utf8 and use this as argument
for strftime() and converting the result back to unicode.

Andreas