Tim Peters wrote:

Works for me (WinXP Pro SP2), although it's saner to open a DOS box,
cd to your instance's bin/ directory, and type "runzope" there (I
don't know why we install a "Run Zope in console" link -- I can't
imagine that any serious user would start Zope that way, because the
teensy DOS box it pops up simply vanishes if anything goes wrong).

Sorry for the off-topic post but I could not help but raise a hand since I am someone who actually likes to run zope on my dev box this way.

I just append "pause" to the end of the "runzope.bat" so the box stays open when something goes wrong. Perhaps this could be made default? A small but significant change, that would be, hrrrm? :-P