> [Michael Haubenwallner, to Andreas Jung]
> > Must be yesterdays version then (i had just that error
> message, after
> > removing an ancient pywintypes23.dll from C:\WINNT\system32).
> >
> > There are 2 pywintypes23.dlls now:
> > $ZOPE_HOME\bin\PyWinTypes23.dll
> > $ZOPE_HOME\bin\Lib\site-packages\pywin32_system32\pywintypes23.dll
> >
> > Zope starts fine now (although there are no messages in the console
> > window anymore).
> Ya, I noticed that too.  I don't know what's _intended_ here.

The version in pywin32_system32 will never be used at runtime.  It is a
side-effect of the bdist_wininst hacks I pull in a normal pywin32 install.

On my box, even with a version in %system32%, I now only ever get the Zope
bin version loaded - which should mean people with older versions in
system32 will not (since yesterdays patch) have a problem either.  Note the
careful use of 'should' <wink>'