Hi there,

Since Zope 2.8 has now been released, we can start talking about what would be in Zope 2.9. I have some ideas:

* newer version of Five included (whatever version is current then)

* Zope 3.1 included

* Python 2.4 support

I think these could all be accomplished without getting too ambitious. Especially the Five work and Zope 3.1 work will mostly happen anyway, so integration should be relatively easy. I don't know much about how involved Python 2.4 support would be; perhaps people who know more can speak up.

Then there's something I know little about, but is also believed planned for Zope 2.9:

* blob storage, file iterators

I believe the work on this is fairly far along already.

I'd be happy if this was *all* that changed in Zope 2.9. This way we can release Zope 2.9 in the forseeable future, like, late this year. If Zope 3 is on track there will already be a Zope 3.2 release imminent by then, but I'm okay with Zope 2.x running a version behind in the name of getting things out of the door to the developers.

What do people think?

Regards,

Martijn