Am 17.06.2005 um 11:45 schrieb Martijn Faassen:

Hi there,

Since Zope 2.8 has now been released, we can start talking about what would be in Zope 2.9. I have some ideas:

* newer version of Five included (whatever version is current then)

* Zope 3.1 included

* Python 2.4 support

+1 although 2.4 support is mainly a policy and auditing process, as some are apparently already running zope on python 2.4. How is this auditing performed?

I think these could all be accomplished without getting too ambitious. Especially the Five work and Zope 3.1 work will mostly happen anyway, so integration should be relatively easy. I don't know much about how involved Python 2.4 support would be; perhaps people who know more can speak up.

Then there's something I know little about, but is also believed planned for Zope 2.9:

* blob storage, file iterators
If I'm not mistaken, file iterators are already part of Zope2.8 or do you mean the interaction between blob storage and file iterators?

Looking forward to it,

__Janko