I'd be happy if this was *all* that changed in Zope 2.9. This way we can release Zope 2.9 in the forseeable future, like, late this year. If Zope 3 is on track there will already be a Zope 3.2 release imminent by then, but I'm okay with Zope 2.x running a version behind in the name of getting things out of the door to the developers.

+10 on a less ambitious change set than what we had for 2.8...

Concentration on consolidation and bug fixing in the massive 2.8 change set would be a very worthy goal for 2.9.