Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

This is really great news!

I am going to start working at getting Chalmers to be one of the key
players in the foundation which would make the foundation even more
vendor-neutral. I am confident that this will go through.

This almost sounds as if the Foundation isn't to be vendor-neutral
from the start which is certainly not the intention of a foundation.
What I like about other open source foundations (take the Plone
Foundation from our community, for example) is that the members are
developers, not companies. The developers govern themselves, every
developer gets a vote.

I'm a bit confused, first of all Chalmers is a university, it is not a
software vendor.

I guess you're right. But then I don't understand how Chalmers as a "key player" would make the Foundation more neural with respect to software vendors, as you say above.

Then when I look at the members of the Plone foundation ( ) I only see companies,

I see *people*. If I remember correctly, the Plone Foundation even specifically says no to companies, just like the ASF. Of course, that doesn't mean that officers of the board in the foundation can't be employed somewhere...

Btw, you're looking at the board. But still, they're just people, not companies. has the actual members list. These are the people that get to vote. As you can see, I'm in this list and I don't belong to any company. If this was company driven, I wouldn't have a vote.

except that ZC is not represented. So even if every member gets a vote,
how much does that vote count in the development process of Zope2, CMF
and Zope3 ?

Well, it counts. How much does a vote count when you vote for your parliament? Little. But it counts.