Andreas Jung wrote:

Depending on how Zope 3.2 will be released it would be cool to have
2.9 shipped with Zope 3.2. I don#t know about the 3.2 release
schedule. Possibly we could focus on a 2.9 release in fall

I don't expect Zope 3.2 will be released by october. Jim is talking about a 6 month release schedule for Zope 3 last I heard, and 3.1 is not even out yet. I don't think we should hold up Zope 2.9 by waiting for Zope 3 versions, just like we haven't done so with Zope 2.8, which otherwise still would remain unreleased.