> > Just an idea:
> > One thing that would be interesting and increase the Z3 compatibility
> > is to use traversing adapters, and then, of course, make a default
> > adapter that implements Zope2 traversing for objects that does not
> > have a traversing adapter.
> >
> > Stupid or brilliant? :)
>
> I know Florent had some ideas of doing this integration too. It's an
> interesting idea.
>
> That said, I don't think we should add this to Zope 2.9, unless a
> developer gets really enthusiastic in the near future and takes
> responsibility for this.

My idea was to do a big cleanup of Zope 2's traversal mechanisms. The
problem is that it will by necessity get rid some of the idiosyncrasies
(read: cruft and incoherences) of the current one, and in the process
probably break stuff. Which means it has to be optional, which adds even
more complexity to the code :( So in the end the realities of backward
compatibility are a big hurdle.

Florent