Paul Winkler wrote:
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 10:28:11AM -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:

We have historically always had the opportunity to introduce features
that preserve 100% b/c (like filestream iterators) in point releases.
This has worked pretty well for the last few years.

Strongly agree. By my count there have been 22 features added between 2.7.1 and 2.7.6 (notably including a heavy overhaul of transient objects and sessioning, addition of the filestream iterator, and a host of improvements to ZopeFind, text file support, test.py, restructured
text, etc).

That's a hell of a lot of useful stuff that would have had to wait the 16 months between 2.7.0 and 2.8.0.

Fortunately, we'll be making feature releases every 6 months,
so this should not be a problem.

Jim