Jim Fulton wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
This definitely gets me worried about coordinating everybody. We need very good planning to pull this off, something we haven't shown in previous Zope 2 or Zope 3 release processes. Perhaps a little ambitious?

Actually, I think that time-based releases make planning fairly easy.

There *will absolutely* be a Zope (2&3) feature freeze and beta release
November 1 (or sooner if we think that this leaves too little time for
a beta cycle).

There *will* be a final release in December, come hell or high water.

If you think this is to ambitious, then lets move the freeze/beta up
to give us more time for bug fixes, say October 1?

No, I think the time period for freezes is okay, and you're right, if we take this approach and take care not to destabilize close to the freeze, it should be possible. I'll just stop worrying for now. :)

Regards,

Martijn