Tim Peters wrote:

http://svn.zope.org/?view=rev&rev=30334 changed the behavior of
undoInfo() in a way that is not backwards compatible.

That's true, or at least "off-by-one" different than recent ZODB 3.2s.
 Rev 30334 fixed two bugs in the implementation, so that the behavior
matched what the documentation has always said undoInfo() did.  I
don't know when the implementation got out of synch with the docs,

AFAICS there were no related changes in App.Undo.UndoSupport or undo.dtml within the last 5 years, so I guess the 'broken' behavior existed for quite a while and all existing code that uses undoInfo() or undoable_transactions() depends on the old behavior.

however people want to resolve this I will not leave the
implementation disagreeing with the docs.

Don't know what other people think. I believe restoring the old undoInfo behavior and adjusting the documentation would be the best solution. Fixing this in undoable_transactions would fork the behavior of both methods and fixing all products that depend on the old behavior would cause unnecessary trouble.