Hello,

I've been hitting my head against the wall for a few hours already, so
I thought it would be a good time to ask before the house falls apart
*wink*.

I'm looking back and forth between the Zope and ZConfig sources and
documentation to see if I can figure out how to have a Product (or a
python package) to extend Zope's ZConfig schema
(a.k.a. Zope/Startup/zopeschema.xml) without having to reach into the
guts of ZConfig.

It looks like the right way to do this would be to extend Zope's
schema and then specify a different 'schemafile' to ZopeOptions, but
that's not currently possible as Zope doesn't support the '-S
schemafile' switch that ZDCtlOptions does.

If what I'm looking for seems just stupid please tell me *wink*.

All I want to do is to add a simple config 'key' to zope.conf without
having to patch the Zope source.

Having no other choices, I would go with having my own schema and
configfile, but that would be sub-optimal.

Thank you for any help,

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.