On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 12:19:59PM +1000, Stuart Bishop wrote:
| Sidnei da Silva wrote:
|
| > Right, seems that's my only choice for the time being.
| >

| We currently do this in our 'start Z3' script before any of the Zope imports
| are done:
|
| # Disgusting hack to use our extended config file schema rather than the
| # Z3 one. TODO: Add command line options or other to Z3 to enable
| # overriding this -- StuartBishop 20050406
| from zdaemon.zdoptions import ZDOptions
| ZDOptions.schemafile = the_path_to_our_schema_dot_xml

Which brings us back to one of the original issues: zopectl/runzope
does not support an option to change the schema file from the command
line, while zdctl seems to. Now if that's intentional is a different
story. I would classify this as a bug that has been overlooked.

| You can then write a schema.xml that inherits from the Z3 one:
|
| <schema extends="../../zope/app/server/schema.xml">
|   <sectiontype name="foo">
|      <key name="bar" datatype="string" default="Fnord" />
|   </sectiontype>
|
|   <multisection name="+" type="foo" attribute="foo" />
| </schema>

Yes, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm after.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.